ABOUT THE PROJECT
Relevant Eurostat’s report on entrepreneurship (2019) and “Women’s Economic Empowerment” (2016) report provides strong evidence that there is an uneven share in terms of the number of female business owners, the size of women-owned businesses, and their access to economic resources. Women’s economic empowerment one of the major cornerstone of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and an “under-exploited source of economic growth and jobs that should be further developed”.
Although many prominent women have contributed to all fields of business and Entrepreneurship, very few, are known and popular to the young girls and women or even to their trainers, teachers or educators.
“FLYie” project is designed to bring out the significant role of women in Entrepreneurship By using an innovative approach like role-model game-based education and enhancing the accessing girls to successful role models.
During the research phase partners will seek for women who make their mark in all aspects of entrepreneurship world with its ups and its downs. Because we believe that everywhere there are inspiring women, with strength, courage and tenacity to build great initiatives and inspire new generations.
The OBJECTIVES of “FLYie” project are to:
- promote entrepreneurship education and social entrepreneurship among young girls and women (age 16-24)
- bring out the significant role of women in Entrepreneurship and support them to identify their skills and competences, in order to succeed in developing their own sustainable (Social) Enterprises
- fight stereotypes against women entrepreneurs
- inspire young girls and women through role-model education to follow business-management careers and take the risk of founding their own enterprise.
- enhance acquisition of key skills and competences of young girls and women
- enhance youth educators, youth coaches, career advisors and relevant professionals’ skills in dealing with social inclusion